Frequently asked Questions
IS GO TAPE LATEX FREE ?
HOW LONG CAN GO TAPE STAY ON ?
It depends on skin prep, patient care and activity levels. GoTape can stay on between 3-7 days with proper application. Usually foot applications lasts shorter to the harsh conditions of the taped area. Areas like shoulders, back and legs tend to stay on for longer periods.
HOW IS GO TAPE DIFFERENT FROM ATHLETIC TAPE?
– Extremely rigid and requires a pre wrap prior to application
– Used for acute and preventative injuries
– Technique causes skin irritation due to moisture entrapment, high latex content, skin compression, joint compression and muscle compression
– Left on for a short period of time, typically applied immediately prior to an activity and taken off immediately thereafter
– No rehabilitative purposes or benefits are gained from this tape
– Uses a highly specific designed tape that works with the body allowing full range of motion (ROM)
– Used for support and to rehabilitate the area
– Latex free and hypoallergenic, safe to use from the pediatric to geriatric populations
– Comfortable wear over a 3 to 5 day period
– Almost used for all clinical conditions
HOW DO I REMOVE THE TAPE ?
Don’t just rip the tape off from the skin, this might cause irritation. Follow the below steps for gentle removal of the tape:
OPTION 1: (For people with sensitive skin)
– Rub baby oil directly over the tape and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
– Wet the tape in the shower and slowly peel off the tape, make sure you keep the skin tight by tugging it in the opposite direction
– Wet the tape in the shower, make sure the water is not hot since this will make the adhesive stick more
– Slowly peel off the tape, make sure you keep the skin tight by tugging it in the opposite direction
WHY SHOULD I ROUND THE CORNERS OF THE TAPE ?
TIPS FOR A PERFECT TAPE JOB ?
1. Skin Prep:
At least one hour before exercise, clean and dry skin vigorously to completely remove lotion, dirt, oils or excess hair (rubbing alcohol works well). If in humid climate, apply tape indoors to ensure moisture does not interfere with adhesive while it sets. Clip excessive hair to 1/8” long for better adhesion.
2. Time Prep:
Apply tape at least 30 minutes before athletic activity or showering. An hour is optimal.
3. Round All Corners:
For any application that requires cutting, make round cuts. Round corners stay on skin longer and reduce fraying in the tape.
4. Proper Body Position:
Before applying tape, stretch the part of the body where the pain is presenting, according to instructions. Failure to follow directions may cause the tape to pull excessively, resulting in premature loosening.
5. Remove Backer Paper:
Rip the paper on the back of tape to remove for application. When removing paper from tape, rip the back and only remove as needed for application – don’t touch the sticky side of the tape.
6. Tape Placement:
Apply directly to skin – not on other pieces of tape – for stronger and longer lasting applications.
7. No Stretch on Tape Ends:
Do NOT stretch the ends of the tape. The first and last 1.5 to 2 inches of tape should always be applied with no stretch.
8. Activate Adhesive:
Before moving the taped body part out of position, use the waxy side of the backer paper to rub vigorously around all areas of the tape. Heat created from this friction rub activates the adhesive.
IS THERE ANY DRUG IN THE TAPE’S ADHESIVE ?
No, There is no drug in our tape’s adhesive. We use a heat sensitive medical grade acrylic adhesive on our tapes to ensure our tape is safe for all skin types.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THE TAPE ?
To get the best performance from your tape:
– Store your tape in a cool, dry and well ventilated area.
– Avoid Direct Sunlight to tape.
– Avoid storing in temperatures above 95°F (35°C) or humidity above 65%.
GO TAPE – FAQ VIDEO
DO YOU HAVE COURSES FOR TAPING ?
In 2016, GoTape has partnered with Kinesiology Taping Institute for taping education. KTI is the leading Kinesiology Taping source with their updated and advanced courses for clinicians.
KTI currently offers below courses, GoTape will also offer courses throughout the year in partnership with KTI. These courses will be announced here and will be emailed to our newsletter subscribers.
GoTape customers will receive a discount on all KTI courses, please email us for more information on receiving your code at
CAN I WEAR GO TAPE UNDER CLOTHING ?
Yes, you can wear GoTape under any type of clothing
CAN I USE HEAT OR COLD THERAPHY OVER THE TAPED AREA ?
You can apply ice treatment over the taped area, however we do not recommend heat treatment over the tape area. GoTape has a heat activated adhesive which makes it stick more with applied heat, applying a high heat source to the taped area might cause the tape’s adhesive to over active and cause problems when removing the tape.